About Dr Abhay
- MBBS, M S( Surgery),M.Ch( Cardio-Thoracic & Vascular Surgery- AIIMS)
- Associate Director Cardiac Surgery, Department of Cardio Thoracic & Vascular Surgery, Paras Group of Hospitals,Paras Hospital, Sushant Lok Phase 1, Sector 43,Gurgaon , Haryana. INDIA
With over 18 years of experience in Cardio-Thoracic & Vascular Surgery has performed more than 7000 open heart surgeries- including coronary artery bypass grafting, congenital heart surgery, valve replacement and repair, aortic aneurysm surgery, peripheral vascular surgery, ventricular assist device, heart transplant.
Initiated the minimally invasive cardiac surgery programme at Max Hospital, Saket, New Delhi .
Main areas of interest are minimally invasive cardiac surgery, redo cardiac surgery, aortic aneurysm surgery, valve repair /replacements, beating heart coronary bypass, total arterial coronary bypass surgery.
Have extensive exposure to Paediatric Cardiac surgery with research work on Bidirectional Glenn , Fontan procedure & Ebstein anomaly.
- Associate Director Cardiac Surgery- Paras Hospital, Gurgaon,India (year 2014-present)
- Senior Consultant Cardiac Surgeon- Max Super Speciality Hospital,Saket, New Delhi ,India. ( year 2010- 2014). This is a 550+ bed tertiary care hospital.
- Consultant Cardiac Surgeon – Fortis Escorts Hospital & Research Centre, Faridabad, (year 2007- 2010).
- Chief Cardiac Surgeon at this 250 bed hospital from 2009 to 2010.
- Cardiac Surgeon- Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi ( year 2000- 2007).This is 350 bed dedicated tertiary cardiac care hospital.
- M.Ch. (Cardio-Thoracic & Vascular Surgery )- All India Institute of Medical Sciences,New Delhi(1996-2000).
This is certification for Cardio-Thoracic & Vascular Surgery in a 2000 bed tertiary care hospital.
- Senior Registrar (Cardio-Thoracic & Vascular Surgery)-Apollo Hospital,New Delhi (year 2000).
- Senior Resident (Cardio-Thoracic & Vascular Surgery)- AIIMS, New Delhi (1996-2000).
- Senior Resident(Cardio-Thoracic & Vascular Surgery)-Sanjay Gandhi Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences,Lucknow (July,1996-October, 1996).
- Internship- (March, 1992 – March, 1993)- Gandhi Memorial and Associated Hospitals, King George Medical College, Lucknow.
- M.Ch. (Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery) All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 1996-2000
- M.S.(General Surgery) King George Medical College, Lucknow 1993-1996
- M.B.B.S. King George Medical College, Lucknow 1987-1992